Wednesday 30 March 2011

Brainstorming

My piece of music is called Babel by Nortec Collective, I played my music on repeat and began to write down any ideas and words that entered my head, I found this piece of music quite difficult to describe and didn't find it particularly motivating at first, finding it difficult to describe through colours and images and so on. Below is my initial, general brainstorm for the piece of audio given.


Once I had created this I began looking over the words and chose the three words which I thought best described the piece and which also left some room for ideas and scope; i didnt want to be too specific such as colours, simply focusing on describing words for now. My three words are:

CONTINUOUS
FLUCTUATING
POSITIVE

I then moved on to creating a brainstorm for each of these 3 words, still listening to the music in the background to keep focussed on the piece of music.






I found common themes which seemed to be running through the 3 brainstorms, the idea of humour, a possible beach/promenade/holiday setting, birds/sky and perhaps a repetitive reoccurrence. The idea of a circus is still running around in the back of my head, although I don't think I'd like to do this as my main theme.

The pieces of information which I would like to focus on, as well as keeping to the 3 main descriptive words is the idea of:

- A traditional beach setting (British not foreign e.g Brighton/Skegness)
- The character moving up/down and moving continuously throughout the slide
- Perhaps elements of humour
- Birds flying (Seagulls may be more appropriate)

No comments:

Post a Comment