Wednesday 30 March 2011

Research

To get some inspiration and some context of what animation was all about, I have began to look at some existing pieces of animation work, one that I can across which i absolutely love is "Her Morning Elegance" by Oren Lavie. I love the narrative of it and how a simple room can be turned into such a journey, I couldn't take me eyes off it when watching it and felt it fitted beautifully to the music.


In this video I particularly like the use of a person, most of the other videos I have come across involve drawings or small animated characters. I feel that using a person makes it easier to relate to and would possibly be the direction I would prefer to look down, lets see if my mind can be changed...

Another piece of stop motion that I came across was "Deadline" I was really impressed with this piece and can begin to appreciate the time and effort people put into these short videos. One thing I have noticed is that the use of a small room can work really well, and a limited budget. Apart from the set up of a desk the only other cost is a large supply of sticky notes. Time here is the key element and spending a lot of time and a high amount of frames creates a highly polished, quality piece.


For my brief, I need to focus on the piece of music I have been given and my 3 key words which will be my next step now I have looked at some existing pieces and feel I understand the process a little more. I then need to focus on a beginning, middle and end for my story before deciding how many frames per second I will use and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment