Saturday 30 April 2011

End Title Frames

I had decided to use the end beach scene to apply my title information to, simply the project title and my name. I looked at different fonts that I could use and ended up choosing to use hand drawn, lose Arial as my type face, I experimented with solid, typed typefaces but decided it was important to keep the running theme that I had used through the project, and use simple line drawings... 

Here are the stages I went through to get the final 30 frames:


I began by loosely tracing the letters I needed in order to create the title page, I then scanned them into Photoshop and changed the contrast etc..


I selected the letters individually and placed them onto the background, creating a seperate layer for each one; this would later enable me to 'hide' the layers in order to save the frames as JPegs showing each letter at a time...


I played around with colours and layouts until I found the one I was most happy with...


At this point I had an idea, I was wanting to do something different, which tied the rest of the frames in with this one, so manipulated and moved the HAT and ICE CREAM which played large roles throughout the animation and turned them into the word 'TO' I was really happy with the way this turned out and thought it tied the frames together well and added a bit of colour, interest and focus to these final frames.


To create the white board effect of each letter coming on one after another I simply 'hid' the layers I didnt want to be seen and saved the image as a JPEG, working my way from the P of Print to the N of Wharton.

No comments:

Post a Comment