Wednesday 27 April 2011

Further Development

Character Choices:

I created a brainstorm to decide on my final character, I looked at ages, characteristics and so on. I decided on a male character as I though a woman with long hair would be very difficult to  photograph for stop motion as her hair would be blowing, also I thought a side profile may not be as acceptable of a woman as of a man.



Once I had finally decided on my character, I needed to look at how I would incorporate the 3 main images onto the photo's. I had decided to Photoshop these on at a later date to create a more humorous, light piece. I thought it would also add depth and show more skills and hopefully make it more interesting than a simple animation using a stream of photographs. I had my mind set on hand drawing the pieces and did a bit of research by looking at existing images and types of the different icons I had chosen to use. I looked at ways they were portrayed/drawn and common photos/images that represent them, I then chose the most important and relevant ones I found and created a small mind map to collect all my ideas into one place:


I then drew my final 3 images and scanned them into Photoshop where I edited the contrast etc to create a simple line drawing, for the bird I created 9 sequential images which would be played to create the flying movement of the bird, as demonstrated below...



(Bird/Ice Cream Line Drawing)

Bird Animation:

I used After Effects to create a simple 10 frame slide of the birds wings going from top to bottom, obviously this would continue up and down through the duration of the animation...


10 frame experiment:


            

The movie splits into 10 frames at a rate of 12 frames per second and shows the basic principle and flow of the bird flying which will be placed in the animation I am making, it will also fluctuate in size as it will increase as it flies towards the character/camera show and then out of the scene again.. Hopefully all will go to plan!

Chosen colours for images:



After experimenting with colours above are my final choices, I experimented with adding textures too but decided against them in the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment