Monday 11 April 2011

Research

While I was browsing YouTube to look at different techniques I came across this video below:


In this stop motion animation, using photographs rather than illustration etc,  the clever build up of photographs must have taken a huge amount of time, planning and organisation. I really like the use of the characters side profile which is something I have already looked at and something I would like to develop within my own animation. As you can see from my ideas so far I have focussed on the idea of a character walking continuously along a beach, which has a similar concept I feel to the beginning of the animation above

To try and recreate this idea I created a short (one second), 12 frame animation using photographs of a person simply taking a full step, from extension to extension. Although it isn't a great, steady piece I just wanted to see how it would work and how it would go through After Effects and come out the other end... Below is the short outcome:


This idea of continually walking will be the main theme in my storyboard, the idea of the character walking along the scene and different things happening to them e.g hat blowing off/loss of ice cream etc. If I do decide to use photographs as my main medium then I will need to work out a way to create the bird/hat scenes - (could add in later using animation, flick boot idea?)

No comments:

Post a Comment