Tuesday 5 April 2011

Looking at Narratives

After looking at the possible story concepts I decided to see how they could be all put together, and what sequence would flow best. After demonstrating this I decided that using all 4 concepts would be unlikely to work successfully due to the large content over a short amount of time.


I created a small brainstorm to see where I was heading next, it included the concepts which I decided would be more successful to use in the 30 second animation and the idea I had which involved starting and ending with the same frame or a similar one. For example as you can see below, I would begin with the character walking along the beach holding an ice cream, then in the middle section he would lose the ice cream and lose his hat through a series of incidents and then to end he would (some how) get an ice cream again and be walking along with it... 


Once again I created another brainstorm to decide how I would get the character to be holding another ice cream again, I came up with a few plausible possibilities and at the moment have settled on the idea of a second character who will enter, walking from the opposite direction with 2 ice creams, 'talk' to the first character and then give him one of those ice creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment